[Roadsters] Problem #1

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Wed Oct 15 22:51:13 MDT 2008

Andrew,

Glad you got it running.  But, I have had problems in the past with
the gasket on the old-style fuel filters:  The top is pot metal and can warp,
leaving a small air leak -- enough to prevent the pump from drawing from the
tank.  Just keep an eye on the joint between the bowl and the metal top to
make sure it is not leaking.  (The fuel system pressure is negative at that
point -- pump suction -- so it shouldn't leak out.)  If the car sits for a
while you could have the same "no fuel" problem.  Don't overtighten the
retaining bail on the bowl -- that can damage the bowl or the metal top.

Gary