[Roadsters] Anti-Fog --rainX

Tim tputland at charter.net
Thu Oct 16 10:50:42 MDT 2008

I seem to remember having the same issue with the same product about 10 or so years ago.

Maybe this is why I don't know anything about the anti fog products that are out there??? Maybe I thought they were all worthless...

Tim
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL
Still clueless but always learning

---- E Scanlon <escanlon at wa-net.com> wrote:

=============
Just don't use Rain-X's Interior Anti-Fog.  That stuff is useless.
Except to become a nasty oily substance that cannot be removed.

I used it ONCE, on my DD Acura, and every day, both morning and afternoon
commutes, were literally driving blind.  The sunlight hitting the windshield
would become a huge glare field.  There wasn't ANYTHING I could do to remove
it.  I used the glass stripper products, lacquer thinner, acetone, and even
MEK and couldn't get a clear glass.  It wasn't until a rock hit, that
cracked the windshield, and therefore replaced the windshield that I was
able to get rid of it.

The Exterior Rain-X is EXCELLENT in my opinion.

FWIW