[Roadsters] Instrument regulator test

Gary Boone gboone70 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 18 21:41:56 MDT 2008

Hi Roadster Gang,
I'm not getting any indication from the fuel gauge or engine temp gauge.  I've grounded the sensors with the key ON and still get nothing from either gauge.  So I suspect the regulator under the dash is the problem. I've made sure the mounting screw is clean and tight because I know it requires this as a ground for it to work properly.  I've also made sure the connectors are nice and clean.  I've pulled the regulator out and want to test it before just finding a new one.  It's not that old anyway.  How does one bench test this regulator?  I have some ideas but wanted opinions from electrical gurus.  Thanks.

Gary
http://mail.yahoo.com