[Roadsters] itg solex filters

gregs672liter at netzero.net gregs672liter at netzero.net
Tue Oct 21 12:53:13 MDT 2008

Be careful about the foam deteriorating over time.  Years ago when I had these
I cleaned them with dishwashing liquid (as I recall) and a day or so later
sucked a huge chunk of one into my carb, getting stuck in the throttle plate
and causing a scene on the highway.  Took a while to fish it out.  That was
with the plastic holder inside.  Really strange.
Greg Burrows
67 2000 Solex

-- "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517 at earthlink.net> wrote:
Hi Tom,
I think you may have a clearance issue with the brake master cylinder. I
used some K&N oval filters on my 2000 Solex and they hit the BMC when the
engine would rock.
Look into these: http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/PFFC08
They look cool and FLOW!!! Because they're domed, they eliminate clearance
issues. These guys have a GREAT price too. Believe me, I checked. This is
about $20 less than ANYONE else.
Matt Smith