[Roadsters] datsun ealry 67 1600 head gasket..Repair advice.

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Thu Oct 23 22:24:19 MDT 2008

Oliver,

I would be very wary of leaving rust in the gap between the top ring and the
top f the piston.  I don't know how to be sure the very narrow gap is clean
without removing the pistons. In theory, you could loosen the rod bolts and
raise the piston slightly, but there is likely a ridge at the top of the
cylinder bore which will prevent this.  That's why pistons are usually
removed from the bottom after the crank is removed.  But, it's your motor.

Gary