[Roadsters] Rusty block

Keith0alan at aol.com Keith0alan at aol.com
Sat Oct 25 06:58:49 MDT 2008

I am on an old engine forum and derusting is a regular topic. Several folks
have used this method with good success. A couple of things to remember, it is
 slow and it is fairly aromatic. Slow as in months and you are fermenting
molasses so the smell is strong. Electrolysis is my method of choice.

The problem with very rusty engines is that they can be too rusty to get
apart without destroying them. Either method will remove enough rust to allow
them to be disassembled safely. The benefit over sand blasting or wire
brushing
is that the good metal is not touched.

keith

In a message dated 10/24/2008 7:13:31 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,