[Roadsters] Old-style Solex carburetors and air cleaner available

geegc at aol.com geegc at aol.com
Tue Apr 7 19:16:51 MDT 2009

I have a set of old-style Solex carburetors, and intake manifold and a new ITG air filter assembly that I bought for my Black 2000.? The carburetors were recently rebuilt by Wolf Creek Racing in Long Island.? I took them off the 2000 because I didn't like the way they ran and replaced them with a set of SUs, which for the purists among you is probably some kind of sacrilege.

?

Anyway, the car is easier to drive with the SUs and it's time to convert the Solexes and air filter to cash. I thought I would put it out to the list before I try to sell it on eBay. If someone cuts a deal with me I can bring it up to Solvang later this month.

?

For those of you that don't want to buy them I'm curious as to your opinion of how much they should sell for. I have seen them go for well over $1000 on eBay.

?

Gary C

Los Angeles, CA