[Roadsters] High RPMs -- How do I get them?

Nathaniel Leeds nmleeds at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 11 18:56:45 MDT 2009

Now that my little 6700 rpm, 240Z, high speed oil slick adventure is behind
me (it was the oil pan deciding that it was a good time to teach me to use
loc-tight when putting on an oil pan) I have been thinking about getting
back into the high RPMs again.

Not knowing much, I did a web search, and noticed that a lot of race cars do
things to their lubrication systems and that also a lot or race cars have
really high red-lines.  Are the two connected?  And, more importantly, what
can I do with my stock engine to push the redline higher?

Has anyone had any experience with accumulators and fancy lubrication
systems that they would like to share.