[Roadsters] weighing my car

steven boortz vociferouschicanery at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 19 11:46:20 MDT 2009

hi everyone
thanks to all who offered advice on where to weigh my car.  my friend reminded me that there is a land-fill (dump) very close to here, with scales.  i went there yesterday, and the guys were nice enough to let me drive my car up on it.
with me in the car, and maybe another 50 lbs of "stuff," we weighed in at 2100 lbs.  so without me, and the stuff, figure 1850.  because the rules say i must be at least 2030, with driver and safety equipment, i can still lost some weight before incurring any penalty.  because the car is pretty stripped, that will be tough.  i guess some fiberglass is in our future.
i'll be at buttonwillow this next weekend.  same weekend as Solvang.  so i will miss that.  again.
steve
675MIZU