[Roadsters] What did you do this weekend? 2/1/09

Ronnie Day ronnie.day at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:31:40 MST 2009

Went to local lumber yard to get an extra 4 x 8 sheet of 3/4 tongue &
groove OSB, after discovering last weekend that T&G OSB only covers 47 1/2
inches leaving us about 3 inches short after 6 courses on the cabin
sub-flooring. Needless to say Elayne and I were both a bit ticked at
discovering that not so minor factoid!

Spent a little time Saturday looking at the wiring on the 2000. Graeme sent
me a very nice color wiring diagram that I'll take by Staples this afternoon
to get several printed 11 x 17 (I hope) and laminated. Much easier to follow
than the B&W version, but it's great to have both. Talked to Marc about kick
panels and inside trim below the door openings. Will order top, carpet and
weather stripping in a few minutes.

Sunday morning I realized that we'd forgotten that we needed another six 8
ft 2 x 6 in addition to the OSB so we ended up burning around two hours
driving 75 miles (round trip) to the Home Depot in Temple because the local
lumber yard is closed on Sunday! So we're still not quite finished with the
deck! I've got to remember to write needed things down, both on the car and
the place. It's way too easy to forget things when you don't work on thing
for several day or a week.

Fortunately the forecast for next weekend is excellent (highs in low 70s) so
we should get the decking done and get a start on the back wall. Lord knows
when I'll be able to get over to Tom Walter's and take him up on his offer
of helping me work on the wiring.

I need to retire so I can get my projects done!