[Roadsters] What did you do this weekend? 2/1/09

Embarq Customer andycost at embarqmail.com
Mon Feb 2 14:42:22 MST 2009

I got the motor ready to pull on the race car.  I just have a couple of oil cooler lines left but wanted to drain the oil before pulling those lines.  I hope I can get the motor out.  I have placed the motor so far back that it is inside the transmission tunnel and under the cowl.  In fact, I had cut the firewall and floorpan and welded in a box to cover the motor.  I first bolted the motor to the frame and then dropped the body over it.  I removed all the body mounting clips and was able to drop the body down 1/2 inch or so.  Anyway, I don't know If I will be able to get the motor and tranny out without lifting the body off.  The shifter mechanism already sticks up out of the hole in the tunnel.  It will be a challenge.

I fixed the clutch on my 96 200sx SER, adjusted the door strike for less wind noise on the 200sx, fixed a power steering leak on my Dodge truck, fixed a pressure leak on the charcoal canister on the Dodge Truck, and put air in all the tires.  I also bought a new set of racing tires (23.5 x 11 x 15 R25A Hoosier 15" wide slicks).

In the future I will probably build a full tube frame for the Roadster instead of the rear half tube frame that I have now.  I will skin the car instead of using the current stock tub, cowling, and doors.  The motor will move into the passenger floorboard back to the point where the back of the head is at the mid-point between the front and rear wheels.  I am also replacing the stock front suspension with parts from Legend cars.  I just can't get the car low enough with the current body on frame construction and it is still 250 pounds overweight.  I think I may change the color scheme while I have it apart this time.  I like the Orange but I am getting a little tired of it.  I'm thinking about a Texas Flag with the star on the trunk.  I'm open to other ideas except the rising sun which I find offensive.

Andy