[Roadsters] OT - Fires in OZ

Ruth ruth at earlydatsun.com
Sun Feb 8 14:41:51 MST 2009

Thanks guys. An update from me: as of this morning, 108 people
confirmed dead. Countless loss of property.

I'm in Queensland but my family are from Victoria, and heavily
involved in the CFA (Country Fire Authority). My cousin has lost her
house, another cousin is in hospital with burns to hands and arms
(he's a firey - was sliding down a riverbank to escape a sudden change
of direction by the fires and slipped - grabbed a bush to steady
himself but it was alight). Thankfully all my relatives are alive, but
some friends have been listed as missing.

Am up here feeling pretty powerless at the moment, and my parents
weren't home this morning at 7am - probably out crewing, but not
answering mobile phones either. I'll keep trying.

Thanks for your support. We appreciate it.

Ruth