[Roadsters] OT: Funnel head gasket leak test?

Joe Kinstle joek at camberconstruction.com
Thu Feb 12 16:44:55 MST 2009

Sorry for the off topic post here, but I thought some here may have heard
about this test.  I'm selling my wife's car, and a potential buyer took it
to their mechanic.  He put a funnel in the radiator, filled it half up with
water and saw bubbles while the car was running, and thereby determined that
the car has a bad head gasket.  I've never heard this one before.  The car
runs great, and while it did blow a hose 2 years ago, it has shown no signs
since then of any issues, no loss of coolant, no overheating.  Fact or
fiction?  Not that it'd matter, but the car is a Mazda MX3 4cyl.  Thanks for
any responses, please reply off list.

Joe Kinstle

'68 2L

BLK SRL