[Roadsters] Eliza Now Va

Peter Harrison granvillecomputing at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 14 19:46:46 MST 2009

Put in coil I bought from Dean, borrowed a 1.6 ohm resistor from Linda,
substituted crap wiring done by PO for crap wiring of my own design and va va
va va voom. Drove about 5 miles - resistor warm, coil warm - will hazard a
more extended journey tmw.

Still baffled about the different resistance readings from the coils as per my
earlier posting.

>From my viewpoint -
Deans has a 9 resistance between post and +-
the Lucas has a 6.9
AND the Lucas worked for 10+K miles
It would seem that 9 is better than 6.9 from an ohmage perspective - perhaps
someone could explain.

Also in following the diagram i get even more confused
So the B/W wire goes from the ignition switch through the ballast and hooks up
with the y/w and then goes into the + side of the coil. Why does it do that
and what effect does it have. And what is the point?

I will never be an electrical guru - but I would like to get a bit more
knowledgeable

Peter