[Roadsters] Eliza Now Va

Ronnie Day ronnie.day at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 21:34:43 MST 2009

You might also want to spend some time reading through the info at
<http://auto.howstuffworks.com/ignition-system.htm> or other I-Net
sites. HP Books has a book called "Automotive Electrical Handbook" and
Haynes publishes an "Automotive Electrical Manual" that are both very
good.

Combine one or both of these with the excellent wiring diagrams
(especially the color ones) on 311s.org and you should be able to
trace things out. I had one blown up to 24 x 36 and had it laminated.
I ha color 11 x 17 copies done for $2 at Staples, but the 24 x 36 was
$20. Still worth, IMO, but you could get away with the 11 x 17 size if
your eyes are good (mine aren't so hot) and/or you use some sort of
magnifier.

One final bit of advice. When troubleshooting and/or tracing circuits,
start at one end on the circuit or the other and follow it to the
other end. Watch for any color changes. If there are any they usually
occur at junction or molded connectors.

Ron