[Roadsters] 1500 roadster transmission choice opinions requested

chalsted at comcast.net chalsted at comcast.net
Mon Feb 16 06:53:34 MST 2009

Hi Gary and all,

I do know when the car was built in the production run, around the same time
as #2 which Nissan bought unrestored for $25k I heard... B if you're on the
earliest 1500 thing again, DatsunDoc probably has the earliest one around
other than my prototype which appeared at the New York Auto Show in January
1962 . his I believe is number 76.B  I probably will be putting the original
transmission back in- I have a few of them and don't know when the heck I'd
get to use them anywhere else ;-)B  and I painted the engine black, correct
for the later part of the 1500 production run and will be putting a 1500 twin
carb setup on it.B  fwiw, I have #260 available, early matching number single
carb car, unrestored but notB smacked up orB much rust B asking $2k

Craig