[Roadsters] I pulled a "Triumph"!, now diagnostics

O'Farrell, Fergus P (AS) Fergus.OFarrell at ngc.com
Thu Jul 16 06:44:58 MDT 2009

Thanks Graeme.

Yep, I figured remove the fuse, see what baseline reading is across the
contacts.   I am pretty sure the car must be running to get a correct
value, as if the voltage is low (batt only) the current reading will be
flawed.  (not representative of the problem)

Then start unplugging various blinker / tailites, and take readings each
time.  Might not be only one is the culprit.
For starters:
1. remove all side markers and tailite buckets, isolating the front
blinkers
1a. For reference, remove the fronts and connect the rears, isolating
them
2. then reconnect fronts, add one set (side) of rear markers at a time,
possibly one bucket at a time
3. lastly, reconnect each side marker individually

Lighter?  Good point.  I have all the center console removed and taped
off, so certainly worth checking.

Thanks for the help, I am very E-challenged!

FergusO