[Roadsters] intake manifold freeze plug

dansummers at comcast.net dansummers at comcast.net
Sun Jun 14 18:21:14 MDT 2009

I had my 2000 running last weekend for the first time in 9-10 years. I need to do more adjusting of the carb. but it was running. After it ran for a few minutes I noticed it was leaking water. I thought I had not tightened a hose enough but on closer inspection, the center freeze plug on the intake manifold is broken on one edge. I pulled the manifold today and need to know. Can I remove the old one and replace it myself? I see that DatsunParts.com has a set of brass freeze plugs. Does anyone know if this set will have the one I need? Should I replace the others? Is there anything I need to know before I try to take the old one out? It Seems to me that if I can get the old one out I should be able to drive a new one in by just putting a socket or something that fit tight in the plug and drive it in.

Is there anything else I should do or check on while I have the manifold off?

When I was taking the carb off I broke one the small plastic pieces on the throttle shaft connecting rod.  I have looked on several web sites and have not seen one anywhere. Anyone have one they would like to sell me. Or know where I may be able to get one.

Thanks
Dan