[Roadsters] Was Engine test results, suspect distributor

Dave Cooke cookefam314 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 07:35:37 MDT 2009

I had a similar problem this spring with my 68 1600. One day it was driving
fine, the next it was backfiring, missing and basically was all of a sudden
running like crap. I tried replacing all the simple things like plugs,
wires, coil, points. I checked the timing & dwell. All this troubleshooting
took several days & nothing improved, I felt like I was chasing the problem
around the engine bay...I finally bit the bullet & bought one of Dave
Brisco's electronic distributors. It showed up in about a week & in one
evening I had it installed and with a turn of the key, it fired right up &
purred like a kitten. Who would have thought that the old distributor would
go wacky in one day...I would have assumed an old distributor would get
progressively worse over time, not in one day. Anyways, I love the new
Electronic Dizzy, best upgrade to the roadster you can do. I
highly recommend !
-Dave Cooke
Midwest Roadsters

--