[Roadsters] Was Engine test results, suspect distributor

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Mon Oct 5 19:09:12 MDT 2009

Ron,

His dwell is fine.  The  standard dwell value for roadsters is variously
stated in the Nissan manual as 50-54 degrees, 49-55 degrees and 50 to 55
degrees.  These values are consistent with a point gap of 0.018 to 0.020 for
the Hitachi distributor.  I try for the lower end of the range since the
dwell increases as the rubbing block wears.

Gary