[Roadsters] Weber Conversion

Walter Peterson Walter.Peterson at cox.net
Sat Oct 10 00:01:50 MDT 2009

There was an R16 head style Factory dual side draft manifold & Solex set up,
it just was not offered in the US and are fairly rare to find.  I've got one
and I've seen others.  These manifolds were somehow imported to the US
through the competition dept or other tradesmen.  See mine in a 67 here:
http://cid-2a590c41f68a7cf7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/51R%20%5E0%20Stock%2
0Battery%20Tie%20Down/023.jpg
I'm sure the 1600 would run best with a pair of 40mm, or severely choked
down 44mm carbs.  I've also seen a pair of 2000 SU's fitted to the 1600 SU
manifold as a good option if you want more flow.

Walter Peterson
Santa Barbara Ca, 93109
Street driven race motor
2000 3-Main(R) Solexes,cam etc.