[Roadsters] Break-in oil & assembly

Keith0alan at aol.com Keith0alan at aol.com
Mon Oct 12 06:36:01 MDT 2009

Hello all,

    Just read an article on the oil thing. The problem  is the Zinc and
Phosphorus that will kill the catalytic converter if the engine  starts to burn
oil. A friend of mine and I just replaced the catalyst on his car  for this
reason. They found that flat tappet engines with very high valve spring
rates can have problems. Stock or even a bit more engines just don't have a
problem. As I recall the oils made for diesel engines, such as Rotella, still
 have these additives. For engines with roller cams and tappets it is
totally a  non issue.

keith

In a message dated 10/10/2009 7:08:29 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,