[Roadsters] Dash pad cover question

Tim tputland at charter.net
Tue Oct 20 06:19:27 MDT 2009

How about that expandable insulation foam? Fill the void, cut it to "fit" the contour of the dash and install the cover? That stuff has some give once dry.

Tim

---- Steve Harvey <stebharvey at ameritech.net> wrote:

=============
Group,

The plastic dash cover on my 70 1600 restoration project has cracked so I
purchased a new one. In the process of removing the old cover from the dash
the old glue pulled some of the original covering and foam away from the
dash. Has anyone experienced this problem? I'd like to fill in the missing
foam with something that will remain flexible but smooth out the dash in
preparation for the new adhesive. I plan on using a 3-M adhesive to secure
the new cover.

Thanks

Steve Harvey
You are subscribed as tputland at charter.net