[Roadsters] Tow Strap Advice

Bob Dicke rtdengr at charter.net
Thu Jul 1 10:11:53 MDT 2010

I've towed roadsters by using a tow strap with a snap hook on one end. Snap the hook around the sway bar on the outside of the support tower. Tow slowly. For non emergency stops let the roadster driver apply the brakes and stop both vehicles. That prevents running over the strap. It also keeps tension on the strap so that when you start out again the tow vehicle does not jerk the roadster.
Bob

---- Dewey Hahlbohm <hahlbohmd at earthlink.net> wrote:
When transporting my roadster by trailer, I run the chain around the front crossmember. Works well when the chain and chain binder is then secured to the trailer. I do not know if towing would cause the chain to rub the front valence, it might. Another probably better option is a nylon tow strap also secured around the front cross member. Good luck, Dewey