[Roadsters] Still stumped--maybe no more?

Bob Dicke rtdengr at charter.net
Sat Jul 10 13:23:28 MDT 2010

Tim,
The motor should pull up the point it can't anymore but should not start to miss. Could be the coil. Can you get it tested?
Bob

---- Tim <tputland at charter.net> wrote:
I have replaced the plug wires as I was told they looked beat even though I had replaced them last year, I put a new rotor on, cleaned up the cap and ordered new (my new ones only fit a stock dizzy), removed the radio noise condenser as I was told if it is bad it will affect performance, and double checked the timing, plugs and carbs.

Car seems to run fine until I am, again, at very high speed. Once the engine is totally heated up, I seem to get slight hesitation (missing?) around 80+ mph. After this last run at speed, plugs looked good by the way.

Am I possibly at the top end of the motor's capability at this point? Could this be why I am getting this slight hesitation?

Can it be possible that my (less than four year old) coil is failing at high temps & speed?

Thanks again.

Tim