[Roadsters] Fwd: tons of 2L roadster parts for sale

Mtbdavid2 at aol.com Mtbdavid2 at aol.com
Mon Jul 19 15:15:08 MDT 2010

fyi

I have to make a trip to Reno in the next week  to pick up something.  We
could me somewhere off 80.  Let me gather  up all the parts and see what I
have and take pics and send them to you.   Maybe someone on the list can
provide a fair price.  I forget to mention  I also have a custom made soles air
cleaner housing with the original air  cleaner, some extra velocity stacks, a
brand new ITG filter if you can get the  mounting panel from Dean and brand
new carb manifold gaskets.

In a message dated 7/19/2010 2:10:09 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
umccullough at gmail.com writes:

On  Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 1:39 PM,  <Mtbdavid2 at aol.com> wrote:
>  Since you seem to know a lot of the local roadster guys I will let  you
> spread the word.  I just sold my 1968  solex  2000 roadster.   I have a
spare
> 2L motor that had low  compression in one cylinderr, very  good/great
> roadster 5 spd  transmission, almost complete timing gear set which  may
or may  not
> be in usable condition, set of solex carbs-later model which  probably
need
> rebuild, solex manifold, bunch of solex carb  parts, new brake  brace,
bunch
> of older tonneau covers, old  original speaker box, and a ton of
> miscellaneous parts.  I am  selling everything and would prefer to sell
local before
>  listing on ebay.  I am not working now so anyone can come by  at
anytime to
> look at he parts and make an offer.  Please spread  the  word.  I would
like
> the parts to go to local Roadster  folks.
>
> located in Fremont, CA
>
>  Thanks,
> David
> 510-552-0529

I might be interested in  the Solex carbs/manifold/parts for a 69 SU
2000 that I've just started to  restore here... Not sure how serious I
want to get into changing it over  - but it might be worth getting them
just in case I lean that way :) As  it is, I have a long ways to go
before it will  matter.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what price those would fetch in a  "need
rebuild" condition, as I only started doing this resto and I'm  still a
bit new to the Roadster scene...

FWIW, I'm in Grass  Valley, CA (50 miles northeast of Sacramento) - a
trip to Fremont would  be a little far, but I might be able to justify
it if you need someone to  pick stuff up directly.

-  Urias