[Roadsters] --> fuel pump flow "reversed"?

Tim tputland at charter.net
Sat Jul 24 14:53:47 MDT 2010

When working the arm of both NOS 1600 fuel pumps, I could feel air coming out of the correctly marked fitting. This just happened to correspond to the intake fitting on the pump I removed from the car.

If the top is rotated 180 degrees, the arrows are not pointing at anything. As it was when it came out of the box, the arrows WERE correct, just opposite how all my other (used) pumps were marked.

I opened up one of the new pumps, reversed in the interior valves, and the pumps works like the one removed from the car.

Nothing like something unexpected to further confuse someone as clueless as I am!!!!!!

Tim

---- "RWM (Out of the Office)" <RWM at RWMann.com> wrote:

  Is it possible that the valve body and top cover was reversed/rotated
180 degrees?

May want to check the actual valve direction/operation.

- Bob Mann, '68 2000 Solex