[Roadsters] Stupid Radiator question

Jeff Douglas jhdouglas at charter.net
Sun Jul 25 14:51:44 MDT 2010

Hi Gang,

Sorry for another know nothing question, but I know nothing, so here we go.

I'm sitting here looking at the petcock from the radiator of my 1600,
which stops zero fluid.  I'm comparing it to one that I got from the
parts store (for future reference, HELP! Part #61114 is too small for a
'68 1600) and the biggest difference is that the original brass petcock
has got no rubber o-ring on it all all.  It looks as if it might have a
place for one at the end of the threads, but it sure doesn't have any
sign of ever having one on it.

So, actually 3 questions...

1. Did the original brass petcocks ever have rubber on them?

2. If not, how did they keep fluids in the radiator?  Thread to thread
certainly isn't working in my case.

3. If they did originally have an o-ring, and mine came off inside the
rad, what kind of issues will that cause?

Thanks for indulging me.

Jeff D.