[Roadsters] Dropping Oil Pressure at idle

Eddie eddietude at socal.rr.com
Tue Jul 27 14:13:00 MDT 2010

Oil pressure ALWAYS drops at idle in almost any vehicle.  That's
normal.  The motor is spinnning at slower RPMS, and so the pump is
spinning slower, and thus the pressure drops.  I've never owned a single
car that didn't have SOME drop between idle and driving speeds.

If it drops REALLY low, then you've got a potential problem.

Eddie