[Roadsters] Dropping Oil Pressure at idle

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Wed Jul 28 17:36:43 MDT 2010

Hoon,

Stalling would only be a result of alternator problems if your battery
is
discharged.  Lights would be dim at idle if the alternator cuts out, but
the
engine should not be affected.  And, the alternator swap did not cause
any
problems with oil pressure unless you poured some sand into the motor
while you
were at it.  I don't think the stalling is at all related to the
drop in oil
pressure.  And, if the oil pressure comes right up when to raise
the rpm a bit,
I wouldn't worry about low oil pressure at idle, as I said in
my original note.

Gary