[Roadsters] Front and Rear Shock Replacement

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Wed Jun 2 20:45:17 MDT 2010

Steve,

Depends on what shocks you bought. The rears shouldn't be an issue, but the
fronts might.  Stock front shocks were intended to be removed and installed
through the hole in the lower support plate which bolts to the lower A-arms.
Many replacements fit just fine.  Konis, however, require that the front
suspension be partially dismantled to get the new shocks in -- unless you
want to grind away part of the support plate -- which I did not.  Let me
know whether yours fit through the hole, and, if so, you should be golden.
If not, I'll send you the procedure I used.

Gary