[Roadsters] Sunday ROADster Trip

Keith Downing keithddowning at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 01:12:35 MDT 2010

My 10 year old  son, Conor, and I took a ROADster trip Sunday after church,
covering 280 miles up the So Cal coast to Carpenteria and back. The car ran
strong with no problems, aside from still losing some coolant (time to find
those leaks).

We went from our home in North Orange County, CA to Malibu/Pt
Dume (AKA "our beach" in our family).

Connor
http://fototime.com/A9E385A832B2C26/standard.jpg

Monkey'n around the car
http://fototime.com/29477ACC260C674/standard.jpg

Just before we got to the
Pt. Magu Navel Complex, we drove by a sharp looking Roadster taking in the
scenery on the other side of the road.  I just had to swing around and say
Hi.  Juan is the owner of this red '69 2000 he's had since December.  We
chatted for a while then went on down the road. Nice guy.

A chance meeting.
http://fototime.com/6270031D57FAFB1/standard.jpg

Juan, and his '69 SRL311
http://fototime.com/EBBBC22347B794B/standard.jpg

Back on the road to
Carpenteria for a late lunch at a little spot called The Spot.  Great food,
but they only take cash of which, I only had $10. We shared a burger and
fries, he had a shake.
http://fototime.com/34C15094FDF0382/standard.jpg

From
there, we drove by Lake Casitas to Ojai, Santa Paula, Fillmore, Simi Valley
and had dinner at Tops in Pasadena.  From there home.  It was a lovely drive
most of the way.

Here's a link to the Google Maps page that shows our route.
You can also use the Street View feature to get an idea of some of the
scenery.
http://tinyurl.com/2744ylt

Connor and I had a terrific time drivin,
laughin, talkin, seein...  I hope he remembers this day forever, I know I
will.

Keith
'68 SRL311