[Roadsters] u20 cam timing

Tom Hendricksen tom at datsun2000.com
Sat Jun 19 18:21:16 MDT 2010

Jon,

I had an upper chain stretch and jump a tooth in my '70 2000 sometime around
1972.  Back then I had no idea what the death rattle meant.  I think at that
time it cost me about $30 for a couple of new valves, gaskets, and timing
chains.  I can't remember if I changed any of the gears, but I remember
correctly I did change the upper tensioner because the Datsun mechanic
recommended it.

If your not pulling RPM's I think I would look somewhere else.  There have
been a few discussions about carburetion, or ignition systems that could be
doing this to you.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland