[Roadsters] FutoFab has VTO Wheels (was "Libre Wheels")

Pete Peters ppeters914 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 22 12:19:59 MDT 2010

FYI.

From: bluebirds-request at bluebirds.datsun510.com
[mailto:bluebirds-request at bluebirds.datsun510.com] On Behalf Of Dave Patten
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:58 AM
To: BB List
Subject: FutoFab has VTO Wheels (was: OT (sorta) Libre reproductions anyone?)

Guys,

If you are interested in ANY VTO Wheel - FutoFab is an authorized VTO dealer.

The Retro 4 (Libre look-a like) is currently available in 13"x5.5" and
14"x5.5" sizes only with the first shipment due to the distributor at any
time. Their Classic 8 (Panasport look-a-like) is available now, but only in a
15" x 6" size. The 15x7 sizes will be coming in the next few months.

The lugs are conical not the sleeve type as used on the original Libres. The
manufacturer installs steel inserts into the lug holes so the lugnut makes
steel on steel contact, no more galled and distorted lug holes. They also do
NOT clearcoat the lug and mounting surfaces. This assures correct fitment and
no chances of loosening from the clearcoating getting squeezed out during use.
You know how most wheel manufacturers say to re-torque the wheels after so
many miles of use. That is because they clearcoat these surfaces, causing
clamping issues and the wheels to loosen when first installed. This is just a
couple of the details that VTO focuses on to make their product a step ahead
of others.

FutoFab just last week entered into a dealership agreement with VTO Wheels and
can now make these wheel available to you. We are working out the final
details and avalability schedule on added sizes including 13x7 and 15x7. I was
hoping to have all the details in place before annoucing this new prduct line
from FutoFab, but you guys on the Bluebird List are all over it before I could
get my ducks in a line.

Manufacturer's website;

www.vtowheels.com <http://www.vtowheels.com/>

The following Classic 8 or Retro 4 wheels (silver or black centers) are
avalble thru FutoFab at the following prices plus S&H.

13 x 5.5 (Retro 4) -- $145/ea

14 x 5.5 (Retro 4) -- $165/ea

15 x 6.0 (Classic 8)- $180/ea

I will be annoucing dates for the release of additional sizes as soon as I can
get them.

If you are ineterested in purchasing from FutoFab please contact me at
Dave at FutoFab.com

Dave Patten

Dunbarton, NH

www.FutoFab.com