[Roadsters] Hydraulic Clutch System: Master or Slave Cylinder?

Gary Callahan gcallahan at prodigy.net
Thu Jun 24 14:38:58 MDT 2010

My clutch actuator suddenly has an issue.  After a very short period of none
use (sometimes just a few miles between stops) I have to pump the clutch pedal
to get the clutch to work.  It does not appear that any fluid is leaking from
the system, I don't have to add any fluid to the Master Cylinder, and I don't
see any leaking or puddling anywhere.  How do I determine which cylinder to
fix?

Gary Callahan
Beaverton, Oregon

1968 Datsun 1600 "Fairlady" Roadster