[Roadsters] You can't buy a timing light in Indiana

Tim tputland at charter.net
Tue Jun 29 20:15:46 MDT 2010

For the record: I never was actually broken down. The Roadster was always
running, just not 100% well at times on our way to the half way home point. On
the run out to MidOhio the Roadster was running great, even at speeds over 80
mph. Somehow, once there, the timing changed to Zero degrees. I didnbt
notice any issues until we were on the way home and at the halfway point where
we had planned to stop for the night. I posted the issue yesterday evening.

(Obviously???) we made it home. I will now have to recheck everything to find
out why the timing changed so drastically. Any thoughts on this anyone? (new
carbs, plugs and proper timing all done with the past three months.) Would the
timing being out so bad cause the plugs to be dry black (not oily black)? Or
is this strictly caused by running rich? Anyone? Bueler?

On the timing light: I will now have to make sure I make room to pack a timing
light when we go on a long run. Is there a company that makes a small form
timing light? At the few auto part stores I checked in the Valparaiso and near
to that area of backwardsasscountryfuqteethmissingredneckdimwitted state of
Indianabsorry to any one on this list from that state--they didnbt have a
timing light. At one place, they didnbt even know what I was talking about!
Seriously!! I walked in and the kid (go figure) asked me what I needed. I said
ba timing lightb. And he said ba what? b. Man, am I getting old!
Thankfully, at one place, one of the employees let me borrow his. (Beers on me
for that guy! I hope the cash I slipped him covers a dental visit!!!!)

Any way, Thanks to the few of you who were able to help!
Beers on me Dave if you are even in my area!
Paul, I am buying you a timing light for Christmas! ;-P
Scott, thanks for the instant replies yesterday evening! That helped calm me
down while I was in the middle of no where freaking out over poor performance
from the Roadster and also freaking out over not being able to buy good beer
in Plymouth, Indiana! (The big grocery store I first went into didnbt even
sell cold beer!!!!!!!!!!!!)

OK, off my soap box and into bed. MidOhio talk and pictures tomorrow I hope.
(we are taking my daughter to the USA track and field championships tomorrow
somewhere near Chicago so I do not know if I will have time to download pics
tomorrow.)
BEERS!
Tim
Dairyland Datsuns