[Roadsters] Toyota woes OT

Tom Hendricksen tom at datsun2000.com
Tue Mar 2 12:01:39 MST 2010

I have a small automotive repair shop near me that I often refer single
ladies to.  They have always done a great job for the ladies and all are now
regular customers because they know they are not getting ripped off.

A while back I went by the shop and there was a frame sitting up against the
outside wall.  It was for a Ford pickup, and the wrong frame for the truck
it was for.  They told me that they regularly change frames by using their
lift to lift the body off of the frame and swap the suspension and drive
train over to the new frame because if there is any damage at all to the
frame in an accident Ford does not authorize repair of any sort for safety
reasons.  According to the shop owner changing the frame if you have the
right equipment is not all that big of a deal.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com