[Roadsters] Head Installation

Perry Smith tpsmithstl at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 14:42:01 MST 2010

Hi all,

It's been a while, but I'm ready to put the head back on my '68 2000
after the nasty "Evil-L" episode of a couple years ago.  I bent roug valves on
that one! The head is redone and the valve train was re-installed at the
machine shop.  When I pulled the head, I took the intak, exhaust manifolds and
head off together. Questions raised are:

1. Is it easier to just put the head
back on and then the intake and exhaust manifolds separately, or try to put
them together off the car first (as I did when removing them) to put the head
back on?

2. Should I just pull the whole engine, assemble everyting and then
put it back in the car?

I have the manual, so my plan is to set the timing
manually/  My only concern is getting the timing 180-degrees off so I don't
end-up back when re I started.  Any idea bout whether the manual has a
sure-fire way of making sure that doens't happen.  (Sorry, I'm really tired or
I'd look it up myself!)

Thanks,
Perry Smith
'68 2K, still U20