[Roadsters] Transmission interchange question

Pat Horne pat at hornesystemstx.com
Fri May 14 14:45:58 MDT 2010

Steve,

The usual transmission problem with the speedometer not working is the
speedometer drive gear, which can be gotten to with the trans still in
the car. The gear is under the plate that the speedometer cable right
angle attaches to. just unscrew the right angle adapter (if present),
remove the 1 hex bolt holding the plate in place and wiggle the plate
out. The gear will come out with it. You'll probably find that some of
the teeth are missing. Just get a replacement from one of our vendors
and put it back together.

Another cause for this failure is the short drive piece between the
right angle adapter and the transmission. It looks like about 1" or less
off the end of a speedometer cable. If there was binding in the right
angle adapter it can cause that cable to shear.

Good luck, and let us know what you find.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake S B, On 5/14/2010 3:13 PM:

--