[Roadsters] eBay Seller

E Scanlon escanlon at wa-net.com
Mon May 17 14:21:30 MDT 2010

If you look at ALL of his auctions, including the completed ones, you'll see
that he may just be some guy who is getting "out of the hobby", and selling
all his spare parts.

He listed a bunch of "spare" parts for the 64 1500 (now 1600) that he is
also trying to sell, but it didn't at a BIN of $2100.  For my eyes, his
explanations, descriptions and numerous photographs belie any label of
deceit.

Sometimes the easiest explanation is benign lack of knowledge and not
malicious intent.

That he doesn't know the specific date code and time stamp on a specific
part number used on specific VIN numbers on specific assembly lines for each
and every part that might/could/was used on a car does NOT mean he's trying
to "rip you off" or mislead you.  It may simply be that he doesn't know as
much as you, and is wording his ad in the hopes of attracting a buyer.  He's
not billing it as a Rare, OEM, -one of a kind-, unobtainable, part that you
must have.  I'll bet that I'm not the only one that looked at the picture
and thought "it looks ok, not sure about 'Stanley' as a brand name but....".

The light in question may simply be:
a) the light that came off the car and he bought a different / newer /
better one.

b) one he was sold by someone who purported to be or was actually more
knowledgeable than he, who also did not have the unabridged lexicon of parts
engraved in his memory, or, ~shudder~ one with malicious intent.... or
someone who didn't know any better and was going by the "look" only.

c) the light from the car and parts his kid bought and dumped in his garage
and then decided he'd let Dad dispose of his mess.

Intentionally misleading or mis-informed and inadvertently misleading?
One is reprehensible and the other can be as simple to explain as an honest
mistake.

Statements such as :
"I beleive his/her listings, such as the one for the reverse lamp, are
deliberately worded to mislead"

Which label best applies to that quote; "Intentionally misleading" or
"Mis-informed and inadvertently misleading"?

FWIW