[Roadsters] sticky throttle

Tim tputland at charter.net
Tue May 25 13:28:34 MDT 2010

When I got my Dad's 70 1600, he had a extra return spring to pull the linkage back. I have since been able to do away with this with new carbs and choke cables.

Are his choke cables sticking? I had that issue as well before the new bits were installed.

Tim
Dairyland Datsuns

---- Barter Dude <barterdude at comcast.net> wrote:

=============
My son has asked me to forward this inquiry to the group.  His 1970 1600
once warmed up, the throttle is not going down to idle speed.  It seems to
only drop down to 1500 rpm or higher and even with popping the throttle, it
still does not idle down.  He has tried cleaning the linkage with brake
cleaner and then squirting with silicone lube.

If he gets out and pushes down the linkage, he can get it to idle down
(around 700 - 800 rpm).  Any suggestions to keep it from running too high
with foot off the pedal?

Gary Lasater

303-840-7172 ext 101 (business)
Datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net