[Roadsters] Air intake question

antony wardle antonywardle at gmail.com
Tue May 25 17:26:33 MDT 2010

Hi

I've been having a bit of fun pulling my heater out.
I noticed that there are two intakes and the one on the passenger side
had a cable going through the rubber that attached to the blower.

When I check on the drivers side, I notice that it was a different
style with it's butterfly being operated by a cable on the outside. This
leads me to believe that the passenger side one was replaced at some point.

I've also notice some old sealer around the intakes. I can't see an easy way
of getting this replaced, unless I take the front wheel arches off. Given
the
rusted heater box I had, I was wonder what the odds are of a heavy rain
storm
filling up the grill in front of the windscreen and then flowing into the
air intakes
and down through the heater plumbing and in to the car?

Or maybe it went down inside the wheel arch and stayed there helping
my rust form.

Has this happened to anyone?

kiwi

1967 1/2 1600 Sports