[Roadsters] Leaning out the carb

David Boerst dboerst at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 13:47:50 MDT 2010

My gals' 1966 Roadster is a bear to start when hot. If I lift the choke pistons it starts easily. I overhauled the carbs and did a excellent job, meaning soaked them in carb cleaner, washed them in hot soapy water then clean water and blew them and passages completely dry. Use all new needles, jets etc. The car runs great when its running. Starts first try coold. Timing is correct. How do I lean it out or what else could be done. Thank you everyone who has commented before!