[Roadsters] wheels, exhaust

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Fri Nov 5 18:22:33 MST 2010

Larry,

John has it right.  The factory muffler is straight-through, with one,
cone-shaped, perforated baffle which restricts the pipe diameter to about
half.  If you have a factory late-model resonator, its pipe ID is slightly
smaller than the inlet, and there is no baffle at all.  It's just a
glass-pack.  The factory parts produce a pretty mellow sound, nastier with a
header.

Gary