[Roadsters] SRL cam tower shim question

Tim tputland at charter.net
Sat Nov 6 15:30:26 MST 2010

This may not be answerable but I am curious as I have a 2000 that might need some head work next spring....

Is there a common size used/needed for the cam tower shims? Or is the thickness of the shim going to ALWAYS be based on how much has been cut off the head's thickness?

If I had shims made (I know someone who owns a machine shop), is any one in need of or interested in acquiring a set(s) if I do get them made?

Also, What is the best material to use for these shims?

Thanks

Tim
Dairyland Datsuns