[Roadsters] SRL cam tower shim question

Brian Hollands bhollan4 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Nov 8 19:39:32 MST 2010

Good advice from all.  On the shim material question, if you must make them
yourself, you can buy "Shim Stock" from most tool supply places in whatever
thickness you need - it's quite inexpensive.  That said, buying pre-made
shims from a vendor is a good idea.

You'll also need to be careful aligning the cam towers or find someone who
knows how to do it.  I did mine myself and it's not hard.  You just have to
be careful and constantly check that the cam continues to rotate freely as
you tighten the towers down to spec.  (You do this without the rocker arms
in place)  If you get it wrong, you can cause the cam to break.  My advice
is that if you're not clear on what you're doing; pay a pro to do it so that
if they screw it up, they pay for it.

Brian H
69 2000
Tampa FL