[Roadsters] Engine for sale Solex Photos

Jim Gammon gtpjimgammon at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 18:03:55 MST 2010

I am sending photos to those who asked, advise if any more are interested.

They won't post to the list, you have to ask for me to email it to you.

I can drag the engine out of it's corner in the garage and get better photos.
I guess I should.

I am NOT selling the air cleaner separately, so just buy the engine too! (But
I will sell the 5 speed separately) I did wipe the dust off the air cleaner,
but didn't polish it. It looks good. The problem is the marks from where the
wingnuts tightened against the air cleaner, the thin aluminum sheetmetal
deformed. One is worse than the other. My guess is that there was supposed to
be a S/S washer under the wingnut. It isn't nice to have the marks, but adding
a washer ought to make it fix it. You could also weld in reinforcement. I'l
just use a S/S large pattern or oversized faucet washer, possibly even just
cut it out of sheet S/S.

I'm not a seller, but I have bought things from various list vendors.

Jim Gammon
NJ

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of photo.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of photo2.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of photo3.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of photo4.JPG]