[Roadsters] Clutch woes, 69 2000

peter harrison granvillecomputing at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 15 12:56:19 MDT 2010

check the line first (this way any fluid squirting into the engine compartment
will be minimised) - i had a line touching another that abraded a sudden hole
- tada - nada. - Fill it up, have a LOT of water handy and gently pump with
S.O. watching carefully - ideally LOTS of light on the engine compartment.
Then check the clutch hose and the slave cylinder.Hopefully a hose - easier to
replace - though if so - also check the brake lines - probably same age and
potentially awaiting the same defect.FWIWPeter
> Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:32:03 -0700
> From: nshimek at gmail.com
> To: datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Clutch woes, 69 2000
>
> The pedal goes to the floor.  I just went down to check and found the
clutch
> master cylinder was very very low on fluid, not bone dry but close.  I
> checked it about a month ago and that was not the case so it would seem
> there is a leak somewhere in the system.
>
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 11:26 AM, steven boortz <
> vociferouschicanery at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > no clutch pressure means no pedal?  or the pedal goes to the floor?
check
> > the clutch master cylinder for fluid, and the hose to the slave, and the
> > slave, for leaks.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/vociferouschicanery@ya
hoo.com