[Roadsters] Differential gasket or RTV?

Eric Gillis mkiisupra at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 22 12:34:58 MDT 2010

Last Diff Cover I replaced was from a Toyota, needed no gasket, rather used
FIPG (form in place gasket) from Toyota.  Great stuff, no leaks, pretty
expensive.  Id find a Permatex/RTV brand that is similar, isnt the gasket
rather thin/paper like??

YMMV,

Eric G

> Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 08:52:56 -0700
> From: tomet9 at sbcglobal.net
> To: datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Roadsters] Differential gasket or RTV?
>
> Hi roadster fans, Is it a must to use the gasket or can one get by with the
blue RTV so commonly used toady? I'm referring to the round pumpkin gasket
that goes between the gears and housing. Thanks, I'm upgrading the 2000 with
39.0 gear set.