[Roadsters] Vibration

Mark mantolik at oh.rr.com
Thu Sep 30 05:58:16 MDT 2010

   First, thanks to everyone on this list that helped me sort out  this
problem! All great advice from people with terrific knowledge of
Roadsters!  Special thanks to those that forwarded me spare parts to try
as well!

A stock mount (a loaner) completely cured the problem.
It was suggested that a standard trans mount - the one the urethane unit
replaces (I used a 69 Chevelle big block mount) - may also work.  It
takes a bit more modifying than the urethane unit, but it is very
do-able.  The same mods to the cross member are required, so for me,
this was essentially a bolt in operation since I had done those mods
already.  The vibration is gone!

I am not sure if the combination of urethane motor mounts and trans
mount caused this to be apparent in my application as I left the motor
mounts alone, but others that have used the urethane unit have not
reported problems, so that is a possible cause as well.   This could be
a third option for a trans mount - and it is less than $10 at most auto
parts stores.

Again, many thanks to all of you and I hope this helps someone else in
the future!

Mark
-Ohio